It’s one thing to be a smart consultant and another thing entirely to be smart about client relationships.
It’s the soft stuff that sets you apart when you’re in a consultative role (internal or external)—traits like humility, adaptability, and perceptiveness. And mastering the soft stuff doesn’t just happen; it requires the same attention you have given your industry knowledge, technical expertise, and problem-solving skills.
Take your consulting skills to the next level
Our Trust-Based Consulting program combines advanced consulting skills with the best practices of a trusted advisor. Developed in partnership with Trusted Advisor Associates, it provides in-depth experience with the cognitive, emotional and social skills required to be masterful in any consultative role.
“Moving from ‘collaborator’ to ‘trusted advisor’ requires a real focus on mindset, and a commitment to creating safe havens for tough issues. Now I know better how to understand what my client has in mind and what his real goals are. Right away, this has led to much more effective interactions” — Participant, 2011
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
This program is ideally suited for:
- Front-line consultants with direct client responsibilities
- People in shared services roles (such as IT, finance, HR)
- Client relationship managers
- Account managers
- Project managers
Involve your entire organization or strategically targeted groups.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
We always tailor a program to match your real needs. Choose one of the following or combine several for maximum impact:
- Customized, stand-alone workshops (usually one to three days, staggered or sequential)
- Keynotes and mini-modules to add to off-sites, workshops, and other scheduled events
- The Trust Quotient diagnostic
- Your 30-day experiment
- Individual or team coaching
WHAT YOU’LL GET
Exact outcomes depend on the scale and duration of a program. Here’s a sample list of program objectives:
- Describe the cognitive, emotional, and social skills required to be an effective consultant
- Recognize the four variables of trust and identify specific ways to improve personal trustworthiness ratings
- Effectively engage clients and other stakeholders to reveal root cause issues and needs
- Apply the dynamics of influence to achieve results with others
- Understand how to consistently elevate your role from custodian to collaborator to trusted advisor.
KEY TAKEAWAYS FROM PAST PARTICIPANTS
Here’s a sampling of what our clients have said they’ve learned:
||Influence and Getting Your Advice Taken
||Dealing with Conflict
“We had fantastic dialogue with colleagues and the instructor, along with role playing in a safe environment. A great combination” Participant, 2011
WHAT ELSE TO EXPECT
There is no trust without risk, and there is no excellence in consulting without it, either. In our programs, we discuss thought-provoking concepts, teach tough lessons, and engage in candid conversations. We focus on helping you develop new mindsets as well as skill sets by using:
- Intellectually challenging models, paradoxes and stories
- Real client situations (yours)
- Customized caselets
- Other experiential learning
Find out more in our nine-point checklist for successful trustworthiness training.
Or talk to us about bringing this program to you.