It’s happened to us all:
- We get talked over, distorted, or interrupted by someone’s barking dog
- We multi-task like a champ
- We forget to un-mute ourselves (or worse, forget to mute ourselves)
- We discover a “lurker” late in the game
- We pretend to lose a connection when we have something better to do.
That’s right: the conference call.
Today’s Real Moment: Sketch comedians Tripp and Tyler’s conference call video spoof. I dare you not to laugh out loud as your everyday experiences come to life and you, too wonder … why didn’t we just send an email?
Special thanks to Jill Konrath for sharing this on her blog.
@ProjectGetReal Tip: Should we ditch the conference call all together and just send an email? http://goo.gl/j4Mlgl @AndreaPHowe #communciation #getreal
The following two tabs change content below.
As the founder of The Get Real Project, I am the steward of our vision and our service offerings, as well as a workshop leader and keynote speaker. Above all else, I am an entrepreneur on a mission: to kick conventional business wisdom to the curb and transform how people work together as a result. I am also the co-author, with Charles H. Green, of The Trusted Advisor Fieldbook (Wiley, 2012).
Latest posts by Andrea Howe (see all)
- Reprise: A different kind of resolution for a different path to better relationships - January 2, 2023
- A word to the wise about adjusting your fees after your quote - November 13, 2022
- Reprise: What to do when your clients or colleagues are untrustworthy - September 18, 2022